Reporting Directly to the Manufacturing Manager
- Provide maintenance support and continuous improvement of the production equipment and processes.
- To maintain automation equipment in excellent condition ensuring consistent quality, output and yield.
- Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues with production equipment.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records.
- Assist with the installation and commissioning of new plant and production equipment.
- Establish, order and maintain an appropriate stock of essential spare parts, using adequate stock control technique.
- Liaise with vendors as required for spare parts and for technical information.
- Assist with the cross train of new technicians as required.
- Supply technical support for the plant facilities and services including compressed air, water supply etc.
- Available as a part of a call out service at weekends, if required.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, practices and procedures (Breaks, Hygiene, etc.).
- Ensure adherence to safety policies and procedures (Protective Clothing etc.).
- Communication – communicate fully to the oncoming shift with regards to machine problems and quality issues experienced on shift.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by your line manager.